I recently finished my latest campaign, “60 Paintings in 60 Days.” All were acrylic studies on paper of varied sizes – when I say different sizes, I started small, postcard size. I painted ten in each size, 4×6, 5×7, 6×8, 8×10, 9×12, and 11×14. Since I believe that original art should be affordable to everyone, I kept costs low by doing them on paper, and I offering them for sale starting at $1 on Day 1 and on up to $60 on Day 60. They were not as popular as previous campaigns. They were unframed which may be a reason many of them aren’t hanging on a collector’s wall. Don’t get me wrong, I did sell a few.
When I paint a series for a campaign, titles become tedious. Therefore, I assigned a number for each study based on the day it was painted and released. Numbering paintings goes against my normal policy of giving each a title, and I certainly didn’t want to call each “untitled.” I prefer ambiguous titles as I want viewers to have their own experiences with my work.
I experimented… I like to do that. As a result, I learned about “me.” I found that my best work developed as I flip-flopped back to my non-objective-colorful-expresssive-abstract style with various textures. Oops, I lied when I said they were all acrylic studies. I did some in pastels… just enough to know that I am most comfortable with acrylics.
A Gallery of one of each size: