As artists with each brushstroke or each written word, we reinvent ourselves. With each painting and each article or story, we leave behind a piece of ourselves. We are expressing ourselves… we are finding our unique voice.
Reinvention through art becomes our focus. Without reinvention, the we repeat ourselves and work becomes stale. Today brings frustration… tomorrow resolution. Today the masterpiece is mud or a jumble of words… tomorrow, the message surfaces and gives voice to our art.
The Muse inspires “reinvention,” and we must put actions to that our transformation.
Actions to “TaDa”:
- Practice – We have much to share and we must practice our craft daily to become more convincing.
- Failure – Each brushstroke or written word is not going to be successful… a good reason to practice.
- Persistence – Another way to say continue to practice.
- Failure – Even though we practice and persist, failure is inevitable. Rinse and repeat. Professional athletes serve as good examples. They miss a basket or a touchdown and they immediately get back in the game. It’s persistence.
- Experimentation – We must step outside our comfort zones and try new techniques. As we do so, we become stronger. Our menu of choices becomes greater and be come closer to that “aha” moment.
- Failure – Not all experiments are successful, but we learn from these failures.
- “TaDa!” – That moment when we can exclaim “Look what I just did!” Finally, success.
Practice, persist, experiment, (add your own action), and reinvent yourself as you achieve your own “TaDa” moment.